WALT DISNEY RECORDS CELEBRATES THE OPENING
OF D23 PRESENTS TREASURES OF THE
WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES WITH OFFICIAL SOUNDTRACK
AMAZON.COM EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL ALBUM OFFERS
A MUSICAL TOUR OF DISNEY HISTORY
Burbank, CA – From 1928’s Steamboat Willie to such 21st-century hits as Alice in Wonderland and Tron: Legacy, Walt Disney Records celebrates more than eight decades of Disney with A Musical Tour: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at the Reagan Library, the official soundtrack to the extraordinary new exhibit presented by D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. The digital album will be available for $9.99 on July 3 exclusively at Amazon.com.
A Musical Tour: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at the Reagan Library offers 23 specially selected song and instrumental tracks that are featured in the biggest exhibit ever assembled by the Walt Disney Archives. The songs in A Musical Tour: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at the Reagan Library were chosen by Disney experts and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club to guide guests through the more than 500 items in 12,000 square feet of exhibit space.
D23 PRESENTS TREASURES OF THE WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES opens July 6 and continues through April 2013 only at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum in Simi Valley, Calif., about 60 minutes north of Los Angeles and two hours north of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. It showcases the boundless creativity and unbridled imagination that helped define the 20th century. Nearly half of the more than 500 items on display have never been seen by the public before.
The exhibit is open during regular Reagan Library operating hours, every day of the year except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. Entry to the exhibit is included in the price of regular admission to the Reagan Library and can be purchased online at www.ReaganLibrary.com/Tickets or at the Reagan Library box office.
The tracks featured on A MUSICAL TOUR: TREASURES OF THE WALT DISNEY ARCHIVES AT THE REAGAN LIBRARY are:
- “Turkey in the Straw” (from Steamboat Willie)
- Overture (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Main Title/“Cinderella” (from Cinderella)
- Main Title/“Once Upon a Dream”/Prologue (from Sleeping Beauty)
- Walt Disney’s Dedication of Disneyland – July 17, 1955
- “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea”
- “A Spoonful of Sugar” (from Mary Poppins)
- “Cruella De Vil” (from 101 Dalmatians [Live Action])
- Alice’s Theme (from Alice in Wonderland)
- Theme from Tron
- “Derezzed” (from Tron: Legacy)
- Captain America March (from Captain America: The First Avenger)
- Star Tours
- Fantasmic! Exit Music
- “Grim Grinning Ghosts”
- “Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me)”
- “He’s a Pirate” (from Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl)
- “Be Our Guest” (from Beauty and the Beast)
- “Circle of Life” (from The Lion King)
- “Under the Sea” (from The Little Mermaid)
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” (from Toy Story)
- National Treasure Suite
- Main Show: Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln